KCDC is a voluntary social organisation (VSO) that insists the Nepal can and must be swiftly changed to one where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty . We work nationally for profound change that eradicates the causes of poverty, striving to achieve equality, dignity and freedom for all , regardless of faith or nationality . We are part of a wider movement for social justice . We provide urgent , practical and effective assistance where need is great, tackling the effects of poverty as well as its root causes.
Poverty is an outrage against humanity . It robs people of dignity , freedom and hope , of power over their own lives. KCDC’s welfare fund for vulnerable children and girls at risk, has a vision – an end to poverty – and we believe that vision can become a reality .
Our essential purpose
- To prevent and protect the poor children and women
- To eliminate child labor
- To fight against trafficking in human and in girls
- To expose the scandal of poverty
- To help in practical ways to root it out from the community
- To challenge and change structures and systems that favor the rich and powerful over the poor and marginalizedOur mandate
We are an agency of our Community Based Organisations (CBOs), 44 Community Vigilance Committee (CVCs) and Private Voluntary Organizations (PVOs) in Nepal and are mandated to work on relief, development and advocacy for poverty eradication . KCDC ‘s work in founded on philanthropy development faith, inspired by hope and acts to change an unjust society through advocacy and development information exchange and charity – a practical love and care for our neighbors and people of world.
KCDC is a Community Solidarity and is a relief, development, advocacy and registered organization dedicated to working with poor children, women, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. It was created in 1993. We have been working in rural community of 12 Palika of Nuwakot district with Technical and Financial Assistance of World Education/US Department of Labor and Geneva Global and KCDC has been worked in rural VDCs of Kathmandu and in rural VDs of Lalitpur Districts and Nuwakot District with Financial and Technical Cooperation of the French ING-Planete Enfants & French Foreign Ministry and Pact/USAID. Now we are working in Nuwakot District for Elimination of Child Labor, Children those who are at risk and stopping Human Trafficking in adjoining VDCs of Nuwakot with Sindhupalchowk Distrist under two Projects as Human Liberty Initiatives. We are planning to working in Hill Mountain and Himalayan Region of Nuwakot, Sindhupalchowk and Rasuwa Districts near Tibet border for elimination of child labor, reducing poverty and fight against trafficking in human and trafficking girls.
KCDC program’s activity is focused on promotion of human rights & democracy by providing possible supports to poor people through this project. KCDC is interested to collaborate with your respected organisation working in our community for prevention, protection and welfare of the poor children and women and for their development and fight against trafficking in human and girls.
Thousands are suffering in the midst of internal conflict, famine, poverty, and neglect, and it can be hard to decide exactly where your money can do the most good. That’s why a general donation to KCDC is a great choice.
Your gift will enable us to respond quickly in areas of greatest need, to help the world’s most vulnerable children and families. In our community is need to assist nearly 1000 children throughout Nuwakot district Nepal. Please give generously today to help fund crucial programs like these:
- Food Aid: KCDC is the community-based supporter of food aid for the Food Program.
- Clean Water: Water is one of the most powerful ways to improve the health, hygiene, and well-being of children.
- HIV and AIDS: KCDC’s HIV and AIDS care and prevention work helps families and orphans in more than 62 VDCs in local government regions.
- Emergency Relief: KCDC responds to humanitarian emergencies by providing food aid, shelter, and essential supplies. Rapid response teams often reach disaster sites within poverty, floods, and slides.
- Medicines and Clothing: Your gift enables KCDC to ship and distribute possible assistance worth of donated medicines and clothing to suffering children.
- Micro Credit Development: More than half a 1500 impoverished men and women are building their own businesses with small loans received from KCDC small Savings and Credit programs.
- The States of Nepal: KCDC connects and assists local leaders, churches, and organizations to help families break the cycle of poverty in impoverished communities for elimination child labor and fight against trafficking in human.
Your support is vital to furthering our work for the poor and children in crisis. With help from donors like you, KCDC provides emergency help for today, and continued help for tomorrow. Give today and impact the lives of people in desperate need.
Where Most Needed
When you make a gift to where most needed, you will help save children throughout the Hill and Mountain Region of Nuwakot from disease, poverty, injustice and hunger.