KCDC aims women empowerment, child development and work for human rights in the community by participating in various kinds of development activities in participation with local people on their planning, supervision, monitoring and maintenance of the projects on sustainable way. KCDC also seeks to bring participation from International NGOs for these purposes. KCDC on its own or in collaboration with Donor Agencies, INGOs and CBOs and by engaging a specialist team of its own or jointly with the local community to implement activities;
- Implementing specific public health care and social service programmes to prevent and eliminate all forms of violence in society, especially to prevent and eliminate domestic violence and to protect the victims of violence, with particular attention to violence against women, children, older persons and people with disabilities.
- Supporting community to eliminate all forms of exploitation, abuse, harassment and violence against women and children, in domestic violence and rape. To give special attention to community people to violence resulting from harmful traditional or customary practices and all forms of extremism, which implies both preventive actions and the rehabilitation of victims;
- Launch programmes that channel the energy and creativity of children and women towards improving themselves to face and to break the cycle of crime, violence, and drug abuse and trafficking.
- Empower women for resolving conflicts peacefully and reintegrating society to work for the empowerment of women.
- Combating child labor and trafficking in women and children through grass-root community and regionally coordinated measures, establishing an emergency supports for the rehabilitation of the victims of the trafficking of women and children.
- Facilitating support for disadvantaged women and destitute children to education and development, as well as their participation in social and cultural life.
- Working with women core and giving their greater involvement in the design and implementation of the local projects for the women empowerment and child development, particularly in the areas of education, health care, drinking water and sanitation, income generation, skill training, sound environment and social welfare and protection.
- Promoting opportunities for small farmers and other agricultural, forestry and livestock workers on terms that respect sustainable development.
- Improving social, education, and economic and living conditions of women and children in rural areas and thereby discouraging rural exodus.
- Raise the awareness on HIV/AIDS and behaviour change and providing support to grandparents who have been required to assume responsibility for children, and help children especially that parent those who are affected by serious diseases, including AIDS or leprosy, or other who are unable to care for their children.
- Work for the empowerment of women, gender balance, in decision making processes at all levels and gender analysis in development to ensure equality for women to share harmonious and mutually beneficial partnership between women and men in the society.
- Empowering women of vulnerable and disadvantaged groups, including through different type provision of education and skill training.
- Improving women access to development technologies that facilitate their occupational and domestic work, encourage self-support, generate income, transform gender-prescribed roles within the productive process and enable them to move out of prototyped for home paying jobs.
- Encouraging men to take an active part in all areas of family and household responsibilities, including the sharing of child rearing and housework.
- Mobilizing participation, local resources and involvement of the community in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of decisions determining the functioning and well-being of societies and especially work to establish gender equality and equity and empowerment of women in the community.
- Promoting the solidarity of caring for one another’s well being and fostering the spirit of mutual support, within the context of human rights education.
- Encouraging the free formation of cooperatives of women groups to collecting savings and home level access of invest on credit for micro entrepreneurship for income generation programme of women.
- Encouraging and motivating local people at the village or farm level for reforestation, and mitigation procedures of the environment for deforested with terraces and catch dams, introducing alternative cook stoves that reduce fuel needs and alternative sources of fuel.
- Promoting IEC programme to raise awareness on women innate rights, child rights and development activities in the community.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Development Agencies, INGOs and benevolent organizations for cooperation and work in partnership for women empowerment and child development to meet basic needs in the poorer community and to reach in collective objectives of the human beings and peace aspect in all walks of life in societies in the zone of humanity, and
- Strengthening networking and exchange of expertise and experience with other social and development organizations.
Out of school children in Non-Formal Education Program’s class (NFE)
KCDC is a voluntary organisation that insists the Nepal can and must be swiftly changed to one where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty . We work nationally for profound change that eradicates the causes of poverty, striving to achieve equality, dignity and freedom for all , regardless of faith or nationality . We are part of a wider movement for social justice . We provide urgent , practical and effective assistance where need is great, tackling the effects of poverty as well as its root causes.
Poverty is an outrage against humanity . It robs people of dignity , freedom and hope , of power over their own lives. KCDC’s Samaritan Purse has a vision – an end to poverty – and we believe that vision can become a reality .
Our essential purpose
- To expose the scandal of poverty
- To help in practical ways to root it out from the community
- To challenge and change structures and systems that favour the rich and powerful over the poor and marginalised .
We are an agency of our Community Based Organisations (CBOs), Small Group Churches (SGCs) and Private Voluntary Organizations (PVOs) in Nepal and are mandated to work on relief, development and advocacy for poverty eradication . KCDC ‘s work in founded on phylanthropy development faith, inspired by hope and acts to change an unjust society through evangel development informations exchange and charity – a practical love and care for our neighbors and people of world.
Put human life first
We believe that all people are created equal, with inherent dignity and infinite worth . individual human needs must always come first, ahead of dogma, ideology or political necessity. We know that each one of us, in all our diversity and varied talents, can make a real difference in the battle to end poverty and injustice.
Struggle for justice
Poverty is a condition created by an unjust society , denying people access to , and control over, the resources they need to live a full life. So we take the side of poor and marginalised people as they struggle to realise their civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights. We believe in the just an sustainable use of the earth and its resources, so that the greed of one generation will not create poverty for the next.
Speak out courageously
We have a duty to speak out and act with condition to challenge and change the systems that creat poverty. KCDC will always remain independent of governments and other powerful institutions. We work to educate and mobilise people from all kinds of backgrounds to build a integrally movement which can change the course of history.
Test everything against experience
We know that poor people are the true experts on the nature of poverty, and our work is shaped by their voices and concerns. In a spirit of humility, We try to learn from our own mistakes and from the experience of those we work alongside, to improve the impact of our work. We know that lasting solutions can never be imposed on communities from the outside.
Working together with others
All our work is based on the spirit of cooperation and partnership. We help to build a society/community free from poverty through inter-faith and inter–community dialogue and cooperation. We nurture the talents, commitment and energy of all our supporters, volunteers and staff. Together we uphold a commitment to honesty, mutual respect, accountability and diversity.
Basic ways of working in the Kakani Center for Development of Community
- KCDC exists to help those in need – regardless of religion, ethnicity or nationlit
- KCDC works with and through partners in community : churches, ecumenical bodies , local NGOs/CBOs/INGOs and movements who have common values and competence in poverty eradication.
- KCDC engages and serves poor children and women , supporters, volunteers and the wider community to strengthen the movement to eradicate poverty and social injustice, to break the cycle of child labor and trafficking and raising awareness to stopping the cycle of HIV/AIDS.
- KCDC recognises the complex nature and causes of poverty . Yet poverty is about disempowerment and the fundamental cause in the misuse and ineqality of power.
- KCDC is a faith based organisation and takes seriously its commitment to work with people and organisations of other benevolent faiths in the belief that people of faith can make a positive contribution to public debate, policy and action on issues of poverty eradication. Inter – faith dialogue and cooperation is important to KCDC.
- Working with others: KCDC recognises that it cannot eradicate poverty by itself. It participates in and promotes alliances, networks, coalitions and cooperation in poverty eradication.
- A wider movement for change and social justice reqires the combined efforts of governments, businesses, faith communities, civil society working together.
- KCDC has an integrated approach to poverty eradication – working on humanitarian relief, long term development , specific advocacy issues and campaigns for change and influence.
- KCDC takes seriously its commitment to measuring impact, making a difference and having leverage for greater results.
- KCDC wants to be a leading force against nation-widely poverty that is a well managed , flexible and professional organisation that is accountable to a variety of key stakeholders.